Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Hangover

In 1976, two years before I was even born, Portland was first attacked by the Valentine's Day Bandit. Reporters in the Maine Sunday Telegram covered the story and no one had a clue as to who would do this.

My favorite year though would be in 1978, the year the hearts went up a day late with the statement "It's not just ONE day!"

For over 30 years the Valentine's Day Bandit has made his or her or even their way through (usually wintery messes) and posting these hearts throughout our lovely city overnight.

I happen to love this tradition, I hope it sticks around for at least 30 more years.

Hope your Valentine's recovery is a speedy one! Cheers.





2 comments:

Corey Templeton said...

Great shots! Thanks for sharing.

Ren Michele said...

Thanks Corey! I'm humbled you stopped by!

Post a Comment