Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Running from Cover!

Portland is flooded with music abound. Talent of all sorts, music of all types. I'm the type of gal that can listen to almost anything. I've become a huge sucker for a good local band. Just like anything else though, the music scene is filled with politics. John and I spend a lot of time talking about the efforts he and his previous Portland based band "Sandbag" (not to be confused with the current local hip-hop group with the same name) to get to the point where they were opening for Anthrax.

The one type of band that I just can't bring myself to enjoy though, is a cover band. No matter how well the songs are covered, I've already heard it a thousand times by the original band that sang it and wore out the radio stations. You will never be famous and have millions of screaming fans. I mean really, give me a break. The only place I feel its ok to hear a cover band is at a wedding reception - other than that - get a song writer and lets hear it.


Lost Cause Desperados at Geno's April 23, 2010
Photo © 2010 Ren Michele Photography

0 comments:

Post a Comment